Friday, August 7, 2015

Museum 1956-85 Moskvitch Cars

This is from one of my other blogs, VreMax, where I reported on this car exhibition that I visited a year ago - in August of 2014

This entry is about the Moskvitch cars I saw there, and I continue verbatim from the other blog.

Cannibalising my own earlier post on a car exhibition -- basically raiding it for pictures of the Moskvitch to use in this post which will be in my Moskvitch Cars series.

In chronological order, top to bottom


Moskvitch 402 FR RWD


Moskvitch 402 with a Moskvitch 401-422 "Woodie" in front of it.



Moskvitch 402, two tone



Moskvitch 410, a FR AWD version of the Moskvitch 402



Moskvitch 411, a FR AWD Wagon version of the Moskvitch 402.



Moskvitch Third Generation 1965-86

Moskvitch 412


Moskvitch Izh 412 Rally car. I believe it was also known as Moskvitch Elite 1500






Moskvitch 2137 Wagon Rally car


This car is in the 2012 (?) Silk Way Rally livery, however it did not officially take part in the rally but just went along for the entire length of it out of competition.


This car is also notable as the last of Soviet cars to still feature taillight fins to accommodate gate opening, until the model was discontinued in 1985.


No comments:

Post a Comment

REDBUBBLE SHOP