Wednesday, July 22, 2015

GAZ-53A at an Exhibition

This is from my other blog, VreMax.

In August last year (2014) we visited the VDNKh, a permanent expo and entertainment facility here in north of Moscow where I am based, as I mentioned in this post -- Pictures from an Exhibition.

And here's the GAZ-53A truck that I saw there.


The GAZ-53A truck (even though the English wikipedia entry on it contains an outrageous claim).



 Seen many of these in my time on a daily basis.

But now they seem to have disappeared even more completely than comparable ZiL trucks... at least in Moscow.

The GAZ-53A in old promo pictures on the Internet.







The English wikipedia entry claims (without any references as per usual) that the GAZ-53 was copied from the 1950 International L-180 truck... but excuse me I don't see much similarity between them and the GAZ-53 looks way more modern and better designed.

Judge for yourself, the 1950 International L-180 is in this restoration video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

REDBUBBLE SHOP