Tuesday, September 1, 2015

1st Gen 1992-94 Ford Crown Victoria

This car spot comes from August 2014 (more than a year ago) and from my other blog, VreMax, where it was the subject of a post in Detroit Iron in Moscow (DIM)... which is described as "a series of posts where I do a bit of car spotting and photograph "Detroit iron" in Moscow -- i.e. full-size American automobiles that I see on Moscow streets, lanes and especially in back yards whilst not specifically looking for them". 
From one of those back yards not far from my own place comes this Ford Crown Victoria.


I approached it stealthily from behind (Panther!) on a sunny August day.

In fact the sunny conditions interfered with my mobile phone photography, as they usually do.


But there is no mistaking it from this view anyway.


Ford Crown Victoria 1st Generation 1992-94 in kinda tan. No idea what the trim is. Probably the cheapest.


It's long...


... it sure is long but it's also very narrow by today's standards. Compare to the Benz next to it in the next picture. I think my Ford Focus is wider.

In fact in the picture below -- strictly from the front -- it looks like it is a (sub-)compact car... which obviously it is not. However being narrow is a bonus on narrow back-yardie streets of Moscow.


Look, no-grille front fascia! Me, I like the no-grille of the early 90s much better than the ugly grilles that most cars have these days, as ugly as they are fake for the most part.



Also, and strangely, it reminds me... of this - the LADA 2115 -14, -13


Two weeks after I made the above photos I happened to pass by again and made some photos this time using not my mobile phone but a camera so the photos should be marginally better.





No comments:

Post a Comment

REDBUBBLE SHOP